Are you suffering from anxiety? How would you know and what are the symptoms you need to look out for?
Anxiety can arise in many different situations and most of us suffer to an extent. A job interview, arranging an event and so on can make us anxious, but the feeling goes once the task is completed.
In other instances though, the feeling can be more frequent and persistent which then negatively impacts upon your quality of life. Work, study and relationships can all suffer due to anxiety.
Some common signs of anxiety can include:
- Panic attacks,
- Hot and cold flushes,
- Feeling tense,
- Excessive fear; and
- Avoiding situations that make you feel anxious.
People manage their anxiety in a variety of ways, what works for one doesn’t for another. It’s almost a learning process, using your experiences to better handle situations that previously would have caused anxious feelings.
There are however some well-known strategies you can try to help alleviate your anxiety:
1) Slow breathing. Your breathing becomes faster when you’re anxious so try to slow it down. Counting to three as you breathe in, then out, may help.
2) Healthy lifestyle. A good diet, exercise and spending time with loved ones reduces stress and brings feelings of positivity, meaning you’re less likely to feel anxious.
3) Learn from others. Whether it’s a friend, relative or even online forum, you can get practical tips from others which may also help you better manage your condition.
4) Be Brave! Well, small steps at least can help you overcome any fears you may harbour as you realise you’re able to cope with a situation which previously made you anxious.
5) Live in the present. Try not to over-analyse future scenarios, especially when it seems frightening. Live in the moment and trust yourself to make the right choices when dealing with everyday issues. Meditation helps to focus the mind.
There are other techniques and strategies for handling anxiety but, If the feeling becomes overwhelming, it’s recommended to seek professional help, such as your GP.
Join us at our next retreat with Chris Hill 'Beat My Addictions' (No.1 Selling Author - Amazon) for a weekend of learning and taking control of your anxiety and stress. The first step to 'a better you'.
Click play to find out more
Get a free membership with
Exclusive acccess to member only
Special deals and more...
Your data is important to us. We take every care in ensuring that any data you submit on this website is secure and safe. For more about your privacy, please Click Here