Stress is everywhere! Being on time, family matters, work - and never mind people and their bad manners. But, it’s all part of life and no reason why we should get distracted from living the life we want. The way we want.
Managing our stress levels inevitably means we make better decisions and are far more at peace with ourselves. If you find you need some help with this, why not try one of these tips:
1) Exercise definitely improves your physical health and enhances your mood. Be realistic though when planning your routine. Choose exercises appropriate to your fitness level and times you can stick to consistently.
2) Relax your muscles, which you can achieve through a massage, hot bath, stretches or a good night’s sleep.
3) Deep breathing, which affects your heart rate. Sit or lie down and in a quiet place and close your eyes. Inhale and exhale deeply with each breath.
4) Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
5) Slow down and organise your tasks in a better way. Set out earlier than normal for that appointment, prioritise your work and set achievable targets, for example.
6) Take a break and do something just for you. Whether a holiday or weekly walk in the park, do what makes you feel happy and brings peace.
7) Indulge your hobbies and passion. Put some time aside for the activities you enjoy, dancing, sports and so on.
8) Talk about your problems, either to a friend or GP or, even to yourself. Motivate yourself when feeling stressed, focussing on the positives, such as, I can’, rather than, ‘I’m not able’.
9) Don’t be too hard on yourself. You can’t always control everything or everyone, sometimes there’s only so much you can do. Be realistic with your expectations.
10) Get rid of your triggers and fears. If you can identify what causes your stress levels to rise then eliminate it/them from your life. Keeping a diary can help you identify your triggers.
Join us at our next retreat with Chris Hill 'Beat My Addictions' (No.1 Selling Author - Amazon) for a weekend of learning and taking control of your anxiety and stress. The first step to 'a better you'.
Click play to find out more
Get a free membership with
Exclusive acccess to member only
Special deals and more...
Your data is important to us. We take every care in ensuring that any data you submit on this website is secure and safe. For more about your privacy, please Click Here